Bites & Sips
Indulge in New Orleans and southern style grub and drinks to toast to Mardi Gras revelry. Featuring DC's top restaurants, bars and mixologists -- see participants for the full list.
DC's top mixologists will compete to serve the most creative Hurricane cocktails as party-goers go head to head for the best costume award. Winners will be awarded major bragging rights and a one-of-a-kind custom made bejeweled trophy.
Boogie the night away with live musical performances from Bass Connection and Dupont Brass Band.
Mardi Gras Extravaganza DC is back with its second annual indoor blowout at Dock 5, Union Market, on Fat Tuesday, Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018 from 6-10PM. Join the only native New Orleans chef in DC, David Guas, chef Spike Mendelsohn, Micheline Mendelsohn, Gina Chersevani, and New Orleans native Simone Rathle for an ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT AND DRINK night of revelry benefiting DC Central Kitchen. Pay one price: $65 [+tax] FREE Mardi Gras Beads, Devilish Red Masks, and Souvenir Cups! Guest Drag Queens Tula & Bombalicious will be in attendance livening up the crowd all night! Get your "Gras On" with 18 of the best chefs in DC, 12 top mixologists, and two soul, rockin' bands playing LIVE MUSIC all night. Lagniappe: Skyy Vodka Ice Luge, Costume Contest, and Hurricane Cocktail Competition with guest judges mixologist Todd Thrasher and Washington Post’s Fritz Hahn. As a courtesy, Lyft is providing a 20% discount departing the event [code available upon entry.] The only place to celebrate an authentic Mardi Gras with New Orleans natives in the house - special appearance by Louisiana Lt. Governor Nungesser, LSU, Tulane and Loyola alumni. Guests must be 21+.
- David Guas - New Orleans native and chef / owner of Bayou Bakery, Coffee Bar & Eatery
- Spike Mendelsohn - Chef / owner of Good Stuff Eatery / Sunnyside Restaurant Group
- Micheline Mendelsohn Luhn - Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Sunnyside Restaurant Group
- Gina Chersevani - Mixtress / owner of Buffalo & Bergen and the drinks truck Suburbia
- Bruce Pike - CEO of Pike Productions
- Simoneink - An exclusive, boutique public relations + strategic marketing firm by New Orleans native, Simone Rathle, serving as an advisory arm for tourism and hospitality, select luxury hotels, resorts and spas, acclaimed chefs and restaurants, and superior products.