Bites & Sips
Indulge in award-winning food and drink from DC's top chefs and mixologists to toast to Mardi Gras revelry. Proudly serving the very best of New Orleans classics dishes and drinks ALL night!
DC's top mixologists will compete to serve the most creative Hurricane cocktails as party-goers go head to head for the best costume award. Winners will be awarded major bragging rights and a one-of-a-kind custom made bejeweled trophy.
Boogie the night away with live musical performances by several 6-8 piece bands playing Louisiana jam tunes.
Mardi Gras Extravaganza DC is back with its third annual indoor blowout at The Showroom, on Fat Tuesday, Tuesday, March 5, 2019 from 6-10PM. Join the only native New Orleans chef in DC, chef David Guas, chef Spike Mendelsohn, Micheline Mendelsohn, mixtress Gina Chersevani, and New Orleans native Simone Rathle for an ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT AND DRINK night of revelry benefiting DC Central Kitchen. Pay one price: $65 [+tax] to get your "Gras On" with the best chefs in DC, top mixologists, and soul, rockin' bands playing LIVE MUSIC all night. Lagniappe: Costume Contest and Hurricane Cocktail Competition.
Guests must be 21+.
- David Guas - New Orleans native and chef / owner of Bayou Bakery, Coffee Bar & Eatery and Lil' B.
- Spike Mendelsohn - Chef / owner of Good Stuff Eatery / We the Pizza / Santa Rosa Taqueria
- Gina Chersevani - Mixtress / owner of Buffalo & Bergen and the drinks truck Suburbia
- Micheline Mendelsohn Luhn - Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Sunnyside Restaurant Group
- Bruce Pike - CEO of Pike Productions
- Simone Rathle - President of Simoneink